Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Gun

«I'm sitting. Better said, we are sitting. I don't know how many we are, maybe three people but I just pay attention on what the tangle-haired boy is saying. We are in some very lit premises, it seems to be a gun shop. In fact, we are inside an inner shop window, though it seems not to have a pane. It seems there's not any other costumer in the shop, either. The boy, whose face doesn't ring a bell, is saying how he picks his hair up. He takes a black leather belt with small silverplated studs, which is hanging. He places it on his forehead and tightens it around his head, in a Rambo style. Then, he starts to move his head like a heavy metal rocker, and to hum a guitar melody; at the same time he gesticulates with his arms (he looks like Otto from 'The Simpsons'). When at last he stops playing the fool, he takes a gunshot from the wall.Black, brilliant. A rather long barrel, I'd say almost a meter long. He also takes a magazine and inserts it from behind (not from the bottom like pistols). I think that way to load a gun is odd. Then he puts a hand under the barrel, slips the piece underbarrel and releases it; inmediately that rather loud and so typical CLACKS CLACKS sound can be heard. In this moment I wonder what noise will produce a bulletless gun?, tic tic?. Maybe he's thinking the same. His finger gets tenser and, next, pulls the trigger. BOUM. A defeaning noise followed by a great blaze at the end of the shop, and for an instant, the walls and floor tremble. My eyes are wide open, my body remains motionless, and I've losen my glasses. I hardly see how, from the bottom, who seems to be the owner, drags out a young man that can't stand on his feet. I think he may be a son of the owner or one of the shop assistants. He's got a huge wound in the middle of his chest, and bleeds quite a lot. The red colour mingles with the black one. The owner takes him tighly from behind, trying to stop the bleeding wound. We run away. As soon as I get out, I come back to pick up my glasses which are on the floor. I go out again. I realize where I am: a path next to the road that goes from the Infante shopping center to Los Dolores. I think there should be a car wash here».
I OPEN MY EYES.

Listening to: Planet Perfecto - Bullet In The Gun 2001

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home